Established in 1851, McLeod Plantation has borne witness to some of the most significant periods of Charleston’s history. Today McLeod Plantation is an important 37-acre Gullah/Geechee heritage site that has been carefully preserved in recognition of its cultural and historical significance. The grounds include the McLeod family home, a riverside outdoor pavilion, a sweeping oak allée, and the McLeod Oak, which is thought to be more than 600 years old.
Live Oak Consultants provided Mechanical and Electrical Engineering services to renovate the interior of the existing 1850 main plantation house, slave cabins, historic outbuildings, barn, and gin house, as well as four new buildings planned for the site: including a Welcome Center, pavilion, maintenance building, and garage.
Charleston County Parks & Recreation
James Island, SC